Thursday, May 14, 2009

Costa Rica Journal - Sunday, 4-19-09

The morning was nice and comfortable even with our still cold shower. After coffee and a pineapple breakfast, we walked to the soccer field in hopes to see a game. Fred had told us that Sunday was soccer day, but we didn't see anyone out playing. Perhaps it was too early still, or maybe today was not a game day.

While we were standing by the field a gringo man stopped on his way up the road to talk to us. His name was Roger and he and his wife are from Canada. They are in the process of building their house and we chatted for a little while, enjoying some more English speaking company.

Soon, we made our way back home and I attempted to dance for a little while. I'm finding its hard to get into the mood of it lately. Maybe its because of the hot, muggy atmosphere, or maybe its because I feel tired a lot. Whatever it is, I hope it changes soon. I miss being passionate about dancing, and I miss dancing with other people perhaps even more. Perhaps that is part of my problem, I probably need some people to share the dance with. That's going to be difficult, especially with the language barrier.

As the day wore on, Joe and I settled into our usual way by reading, until we were interrupted by seeing a farm animal roaming the streets. I've seen a lot of cows walking about, but this was the first time I had seen a pig! A big one as well! She was an obvious mother, on the loose without her piglets and she seemed to be enjoying her moment of freedom, going from yard to yard looking for scraps of food. I wondered how long it would take before she would be taken back home by her owner.